[ipv6hackers] 0.01
Marc Heuse
2015-06-25 09:55:03 UTC
Hi guys,

today the available IPv4 address pool for north america got down to 0.01
/8 addresses, approx.
At this rate all available IPv4 addresses at Arin are gone today or
tomorrow ...

:)

Greets,
Marc
--
Marc Heuse
www.mh-sec.de

PGP: AF3D 1D4C D810 F0BB 977D 3807 C7EE D0A0 6BE9 F573
Mikael Abrahamsson
2015-06-25 12:07:44 UTC
Post by Marc Heuse
Hi guys,
today the available IPv4 address pool for north america got down to 0.01
/8 addresses, approx.
At this rate all available IPv4 addresses at Arin are gone today or
tomorrow ...
According to https://www.arin.net/resources/request/ipv4_countdown.html
there are now only smaller blocks left in any volume, so I'd say it's very
close to actual depletion, but those /23 and /24 blocks might take a while
to actually go through.

But I'd imagine most of the /22 and larger will be taken by requests
already in the queue.
Mikael Abrahamsson email: ***@swm.pp.se
John Mann
2015-06-26 04:57:18 UTC

Yes, ARIN now down to 0.00978 /8s in aggregate.

Only small blocks remain:
/23 101
/24 439

ARIN seem to approve 10 or 12 requests per work day,
so it could take 40 work days (2 months) for the pool to completely empty.

Please can everyone start enabling IPv6 now? ;-)

Thanks,
John
Post by Marc Heuse
Hi guys,
Jens Link
2015-06-26 07:55:16 UTC
Post by John Mann
Please can everyone start enabling IPv6 now? ;-)
IMHO: Too late. But people still think that there is still time.

A frond talked to his boss about IPv6. His boss said that they still
have a couple of years. A week later one of their sales people sold
"IPv6" support for web hosting.

I think now the fun part begins. One of the biggest security problems
(IMHO again) with IPv6 is lack of experience with IPv6. So people with
little or no IPv6 experience will implement products developed by people
with little or no IPv6 experience.

Jens, whete is my "Told you so" T-Shirt
| Foelderichstr. 40 | 13595 Berlin, Germany | +49-151-18721264 |
| http://blog.quux.de | jabber: ***@quux.de | --------------- |